North West Organ Donation Services Team
The North West Organ Donation Services Team provide services to a population of 7.6 million. Geographically, the team cover Lancashire including Liverpool, Caernarfonshire, Cheshire, and Westmorland and also the Isle of Man. Within this geographical area, the team provides a service for 24 NHS trusts, 1 health board, and the Isle of Man.
Regional Head of Nursing - Sue Duncalf
Lead Nurses - Emma Thirlwall, Jane Monks, Niki Hargreaves + 1 vacant post
Specialist Nurses - 27.2 WTE in total
Professional Development Specialist - Lisa Francis
Lindsey Bird (interim) - Office Manager
Contact Number - 0151 268 7210
Organ Donor Referral Line - 03000 20 30 40
The reports below provide a summary of the data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023.
Executive summaries for each trust/board:
- Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 415KB)
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (PDF 546KB)
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 532KB)
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 531KB)
- Countess Of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 533KB)
- East Cheshire NHS Trust (PDF 407KB)
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust (PDF 534KB)
- Isle of Man (PDF 401KB)
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 546KB)
- Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 405KB)
- Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 542KB)
- Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 544KB)
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 409KB)
- Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust (PDF 534KB)
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 538KB)
- Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust (PDF 409KB)
- St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust (PDF 533KB)
- Stockport NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 408KB)
- Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 408KB)
- The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 539KB)
- University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 413KB)
- Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 409KB)
- Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 410KB)
- Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 408KB)
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the North West team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.