London Organ Donation Services Team
The London Organ Donation Services Team provide services to a population of 8.8 million. Geographically, the team al hospitals within the M25. Within this geographical area, the team provides a service for 16 NHS trusts.
Regional Head of Nursing - Rachel Rowson
Lead Nurses - Teressa Tymkewycz, Emiliano Mazzaretto, Lucy Dames, Tamara Vega
Specialist Nurses - 31
Professional Development Specialists - Jo Cox and Jennie Wakelin
Nadine Overton - Office Manager
Barrington Wade - Office Administrator
Maria Malta - Office Administrator
Contact Number: - 020 7166 6922
Organ Donor Referral Line - 03000 20 30 40
The reports on this page provide a summary of data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023.
Executive Summaries for each trust:
- Barts Health NHS Trust (PDF 542KB)
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 411KB)
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 410KB)
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 541KB)
- Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 400KB)
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (PDF 545KB)
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 546KB)
- London North West Healthcare NHS Trust (PDF 534KB)
- North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust (PDF 413KB)
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 538KB)
- Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 538KB)
- The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 407KB)
- The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust (PDF 404KB)
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 541KB)
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the London team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.