Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (H&I) testing in support of transplantation is undertaken in the UK by designated H&I laboratories, according to agreed protocols. Although NHSBT does have its own H&I Laboratories, testing is provided for donors and recipients by specialist H&I laboratories in a variety of different organisations. NHSBT does not commission H&I testing.
Dr Tracey Rees, Consultant Clinical Scientist for the Cardiff Transplant Centre, is the Chief Scientific Officer to ODT and works closely with scientists and clinicians on the use of histocompatibility testing and H&I data for organ allocation.
- Bowel Transplantation Standardisation of testing reporting and crossmatch protocols in the UK (PDF 23KB)
- HLA specific antibodies in CT Transplantation (PDF 19KB)
- Guidance for entering HLA matchgrade when registering a patient (PDF 17KB)
- HLA Antigen Frequencies in UK Solid Organ Donor Population (PDF 8KB)
- DAT2120/2 – HLA unacceptable antigen mapping chart (PDF 217KB)
- FRM4365 HLA Report Form (PDF 375KB)
- HLA conversion chart for organ allocation (PDF 458KB)
- DAT2885 - Minimum resolution for reporting donor and recipient HLA types (PDF 134KB)
- Donor blood sample requirements (PDF 12KB)
- SOP5038/4 Reporting of Deceased Donor Types to NHSBT-ODT (PDF 753KB)